Non-Executive Directors Association
The Non-Executive Directors Association (”NEDA“) was established in 2006 as the first independent UK association dedicated to meeting the training and personal development needs of Non-Executive Directors (”NEDs“).
NEDA is focused on the real day-to-day issues faced by non-executive directors with a brief to support and advise NEDs, companies and organisations – whatever their size, type or industry sector.
The demands of the role have increased and NEDs are seeking a greater understanding of where they fit into the corporate governance framework of their organisation. This is important on a number of levels, especially for:
- Anyone thinking of becoming a NED
- The newly appointed NED
- The Board looking at NED succession planning and individuals (such as Company Secretaries), whose tasks include assisting NEDs to fulfil their roles effectively
NEDA has recently published the second edition of the ’Non-Executive Directors Handbook‘ and has linked this to an ’Essential Training Course for NEDs‘. As well as providing technical and training support NEDA works with a number of Partner organisations to offer:
- Legal updates and business information
- D&O Insurance cover and advice
- Recruitment services
- Networking events
- Coaching and mentoring assistance